Thursday, August 25, 2011

I wish I was shopping for crayons...




It seems like just yesterday my biggest problem was if the crayon pack for the new school year came with a sharpener. Things  have changed. This post is at the end of my 2nd day of school and, well, let's just say naps shouldn't be just for preschoolers. I have quite a lot of homework, and maybe signing up to do a Westminster Confession (10-20 min) speech with only a week to prepare --wasn't the best idea, oh well. But this isn't one of those posts where people go on and on about how hard it is to grow up, nope this is not one of those. I do love school really, I love learning, and I love some of the benefits of growing up (lack of sleep isn't one of them, but that is mostly my fault.) One benefit is that I get to eat those lovely chips that you see above.  So its pretty darn good. This is getting really rambly and I now apologize. I just really felt the need to tell someone that I have way too much homework, but I love my life. So far school's going well though, my classes are cool, I like my teachers, and I love my fellow inmates (did I just say that out loud, I mean students.) In addition, I won't be reading as many books this year, so the ones I post will be mostly required reads like The Inferno, with maybe a few  personal books I can sneak in. I am running out of books from this summer  (it takes me a lot less time to write about a book than to read it.) Here is one last book.
Of Thee I Zing by Lauren Ingraham

What it is about: The current downgrade of American society told in a humorous and very conservative viewpoint.
@ rating: @@@ out of five. It is straight to the point and, along with the obvious social defects (if it doesn't fit don't wear it), it also has some other not so often mentioned social downfalls.
Not so wonderful aspects: The whole book is criticism of America, which can get tedious, and they are very much her opinions, so I wouldn't try to put them in a bill. The biggest downer for me is that she offered no solution to the endless problems our country seems to possess.
Overall: This book is worth the read, but take it with a grain of salt. ( I don't actually know what that phrase means but people seem to use it in this context.)
I hope you enjoyed this rambling post, and I will try my best not to use the internet as my personal shrink. Hope this makes your day a little bit better.
Cheese...Milk's leep toward immortality. ~ Clifton Fadiman

No comments:

Post a Comment