Monday, September 26, 2011

rain drops on roses...

My last few posts have been a bit more on the grumpy side, as well as  my general attitude lately. I’m an optimist and this post is part of my journey to return to the daily joy of simply being alive! Here are 17 of my favorite things, one for each year of my life so far and one for looking for the future. They aren’t all my most favorite things, there are things I love better but part of daily joy is finding cheerfulness in things that aren’t your most favorite, so here we go...


 
1. Cigar boxes. I dont smoke or live with anyone who smokes but I think these are wonderful cute little functional things that have a personality all their own.


2.My type writer, there is a simply joy is just sitting down and plucking away at these wonderful little keys, far more satisfying than a computer, because with a type writer there is no rush, you can just sit and type at your own pace and leisure


3.
My sunglasses, they aren’t expensive, or fancy, but they stay on my face (which is hard things for most sunglasses to do) and have traveled everywhere from south Dakota to Disney world to sleep over’s and my best friend’s house to school ect. and never fail at their purpose..

4.
Old sewing things, how can you not just smile at these little darlings?

5.
Hat racks. Elegant and proud, but always there to hold your things

6.
Old stuff in general. I love history and to have something that sat in a living room during both world wars, through births, and deaths, and homecoming dates, and screaming toddlers, well that’s just extraordinary.

7.
Malt Salt


8.
Seasoning in general. Nothing makes a meal more interesting than seasoning, think about it, where would pumpkin pie be without cinnamon or nutmeg? Or chili without chili powder? Or Pasta without garlic? See what I mean.

9. Rimmel of London.
10. Books.
11.
Being homeschooled. See last post.

12.
Quirkiness. No I will not take that bag through an airport, because I value not being arrested.

13. Bird houses.
14.
Reading Classic Books for fun. This is what I’m reading now, and its far better than almost every modern day book.


15. Memories of Childhood. Above is me in a combine with my uncle. Below is me (in front) and my twin and my cousin ridding with another awesome uncle.


16. Collections of things

17. Music
Well thats my joy list for today,  I hope it brings you a little joy.I had so much fun running around my house taking pictures of all these things, maybe it will inspire you to notice lifes little joys today as well.
As always
Quippy 

No comments:

Post a Comment