Monday, June 18, 2012

A wasted life

This post comes directly from two blogs from wonderful Christian young women.
http://desiringgodsdesires.blogspot.com/2012/06/to-surrender-precious-dream.html
http://god-sdaughter.blogspot.com/

From these two ladies I learned of a fellow saint, close to my age. A blogger, photographer and passionate Christ follower.

In May,this young man was killed tragically after falling into rapids.

Though his soul is no longer here, it is resting in perfect peace, but he did leave something.
Something greater than stores of wealth or material goods, a beautiful legacy.

A legacy of surrendering all to God, so that He can have all glory and power and praise.


"Many are the plans of man,
but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand." pr 19:21


Pinned Image
"But, as it is written,
No eye has seen, nor ear heard,
nor the heart of man imagined,
what God has planned for those who love Him" 1 Cor 2:9

Pinned Image

"But He knows the ways that I take,
When He has tried me I shall come out as gold.
My foot has held fast to His steps,
I have kept His way and have not turned aside." Job 23:10,11

Pinned Image


Shortly before the Lord called Him, our fellow saint wrote a blog post.

He was on the top of a mountain, taking in a breath taking sunset. Filled with wonder, in complete awe of God.
Yet he was filled with longing for his 'one day true love'. Wanting to take in the beauty, to share the experience. He felt alone.

The post was called To Surrender a Precious Dream.
H wrote of how in this life, we are promised nothing, we are called to live our lives to bring FULL glory and praise to God.

His gave his precious dream to God. Allowing our Heavenly Father to become the center of his love. With no promise of his desire in return.

His last paragraph was this.

" To surrender a precious dream is fearful thing, but to pursue anything but the full measure of Gods glory is a life wasted."

http://joshyeddy.blogspot.com/2012/04/to-surrender-precious-dream.html


_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

There has been a challenge posted by Gods Daughter, to surrender all of our sweetest desires and dreams to our Father. So that we may be filled by Him, so that we may give our totally, whole selves, to God for HIS glory.

I am taking this challenge.

I ask you consider you to do the same as well.

Precious Dreams

> To marry a man on fire for God

> To have a home in the country

> To travel
> To have a home filled with children

> To make every one around my feel loved

> To raise godly Children

> To watch sunsets with my love

> To hold all my grandchildren

> To live heroically


> To live an unexpected life


> To have my children rise up and call me blessed

> To have a home where there are never any strangers

> To die in the arms of my love


In Christ alone, my hope is found. He is my life, my strength, my all. This cornerstone, this solid ground, firm through the fiercest draught and storm.
What heights of love, what depths of peace, when fears are still, when striving cease.
My comforter, my all in all, here in the love of Christ I'll stand.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful, touching, and awe-inspiring post my dear. :) Your words are so true that they reach down to the depths of my soul. Thank-you for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for joining in and surrendering your precious dreams with us. This was a very beautiful and touching post...Thank you for sharing!

    <3
    Blessings,
    ~Miss Raquel

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have 400 bibliographies of sand and wind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) Hi. I knew Josh really well... if you want to find out more about him, I wrote a tribute to him here: justanotherrebornhuman.blogspot.com/2012/05/tribute.html

    Thank you for mentioning this. What a challenge he left behind!

    Blessings. :)

    ReplyDelete