Sunday, October 9, 2011

Dolly Python (this post is not yet rated)

 Today Im going to tell you about my trip to a store, but before I do I want you to know that if you have any small children behind you, you should chase them away...just saying.
Now then, some of my friends and I are planning a ball for our friends, and I didn't have a suitable dress. So with that and homecoming just around the corner, mommy and I made the 45 minute trek down into Dallas proper in search of a mysterious place known Dolly Python. We had never been to this store before; all we knew was that our favorite cute little vintage dress shop (Ahab Bowen) had closed and was now sending all its lovely things to this place. What a suprise it was once we got there. They sell everything under the moon (and possibly some stuff that is on the other side, too.) There were teeth, religious pictures, typewriters, old stuffed animals, records, skeletons, strange art, flags, dolls, 80s polyester pants, bad words, old beer cans, heads, shoes, gloves, the list goes on. Here is a selection of a few things we took a picture of (courtesy mommys iphone.)
a possible halloween costume for my little sister (who is at this point dedicated to being a saloon girl)
Glasses that would  make harry potters look average
all kinds of heads

all kinds of lovely treasures really
child sized coffin any one? There was a nice fake Indian behind it as well
nick naks and what nots
Esquire's beautiful people were there
Skeeter Davis' groovy shoes, man if I wasnt already 5' 7" ;)
lovely vintage (lots and lots of gloves)
a blow up doll of Edvard Munch's The Scream
Add caption
An Abbey Road album
interesting things of all sorts

the world's  creepiest baby carriage

I did find a dress that I LOVE and is perfect for swing dancing (though it needs to be aired out) but you will have to wait for a post coming in the next week about the ball to see it. I haven't posted a lot lately, but there should be another one soon because tomorrow my family is going to the state fair! Its one of the best things of fall. I will see you on the other side.
Sincerely
Quippy

1 comment:

  1. I don't know whether to be intrigued or creeped out. Very... eclectic though! I wonder what the person who owns that store is like!
    (Love you A)

    ReplyDelete