Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Another year

As a general rule, I am not very "into" new years, this stems from the fact that 1) I am a rather scientific person and know that technically the earth has not rotated a full year in 365 days, thus lessening the fun, and 2) that I have the personality to see every new week, day, hour, moment, as another chance to be better, thus lessening the 'hope' that comes to some people around the end of december. However I do love goals, and accomplishing things, so I do have a set of "new years" resolutions. And here they be...

Alpha ('cause numbers imply an order)
Pinned Image
Raise my latin grade my an entire letter

Bravo.
Not get below a 90 for my worldviews work or any Adv Bio test

Charley.
Family
Love my family better.
This sounds a little strange, but I have a tendency to forget to love my family. I assume they know it because I have told them before, because Im not mad at them, but that's not how it works. I want to respond better to my family when they annoy me, respect their wishes no matter how silly they seem to me (why cant I ever brush my teeth in that sink?) and remember to tell them that I love them. I just forget to count them in my blessings, because often when you live with someone you forget to think about their daily kindnesses as blessings, you just think that's just the way it is, and you forget. So I want to not forget.

Delta.
Wit
Learn the differences between sarcasm and wit.
I love wit, and it comes out in the form of sarcasm, which is not good. Sarcasm is rude, inconsiderate, depressing, and often hurtful. The dictionary describes sarcasm as thus "

sar·casm

[sahr-kaz-uhm] Show IPA
noun
1.
harsh or bitter derision or irony.
2.
a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark: a review full of sarcasms. "
Thank you dictionary.com.
I dont want to hurt people, I dont do it to insult them, but I know that wheather I mean to do that or not it does, so I want to stop. I want to be witty

wit

1 [wit] Show IPA
noun
1.
the keen perception and cleverly apt expression of those connections between ideas that awaken amusement and pleasure. drollery, facetiousness, waggishness, repartee.
See wittiness is clever, amusing, awakens pleasure! Sounds good to me!
Echo.
Nature
I would like to spend more times outdoors. I love, love LOVE love being outdoors, and this year I just havent done enough of it. Being outdoors calms my mind and puts my focus on Godly things. It calms my heart and works my body. I would like more of it.
So this is my main new years resolutions, of course their are things in my mind like wouldnt it be nice to be super in shape, write a new blog post every day, or eat 3 meals a day.... but Im trying to be realistic here people. What are your new years resolutions, and what are you going to do to help you stay with them?
Merry Days dear readers, life is too short and too long to only by merry around dec 25
Quippy
 
 
 
Scroll to TopScroll to TopScroll to Top
Scroll to TopScroll to Top

1 comment:

  1. Indeed, cousin, indeed. Wit is rare. We seem to have it in our family (my closest cases in point are my brothers & my son). Sarcasm vs Wit...very fine line. I suggest you look more at your motive...sometimes wit cuts both ways, as does sarcasm...often it's an arguement in symantics (bad spelling also runs in the family, though not usually with me, but possibly in this case). Free running blogging like this is so awesome, & I'm proud of you for doing it. Mine were always secret, & that's not usually a good thing (def not in my case). & you're much more clever...perhaps clever is another word that describes what you're looking for??

    ReplyDelete