Wednesday, November 23, 2011

He will embrace me in his arms.....

Daddy holding baby





This has been a very busy week or weeks. A very stressful school week is over and I’m now on break....break off of school that is, the fun just keeps on rolling. We've had Birthdays, Baptisms, and lots of dancing with lots of fun, fun people. But I haven’t had a lot of time just to step back and evaluate. Evaluate, where I am in relationship to the people in my life, the stuff that is cluttering up my room, my heart with God, my grades, how I’m spending my time, my fulfillment of my responsibilities... This may sound like something saved for ones lowest moments in life but I try to do it at least once a week, often daily. Because I haven’t had much time for this, is why I think I was hit so hard by when my lovely church performed the most magnificent version of I Will Arise and Go to Jesus. I've never until today really truly appreciated this hymn, this version was slow, low, with a wonderful mix of solo violin and intricate  harmony of a huge choir. It was sweet and true and made my heart sing, and cry, and all the wonderful emotions that only God can fill your soul with. Someday I will get a recording and show it to you all. Until then I will leave you with the lyrics that made me run back to the important things in life. Now by important things in life I don’t mean that life your usual Hallmark food, family, friends sort of thing I’m talking about giving your heart to God daily, to trying to glorify Him in everything, because from that stems the good things like, actually enjoying the things like doing the dishes, and homework. Making hard choices like friends not as painful and true Godly friends all the more joyful.

This is the Joseph Hart version

1. Come ye sinners, poor and needy,

weak and wounded sick and sore,

Jesus ready stands to save you, full of pity, love and power,

2. I will arise and go to Jesus,

He will embrace me in his arms;

in the arms of my dear savior,

O there are ten thousand charms;

3. Come. Ye thirsty come and welcome,

Gods free bounty glorify

True belief and true repentance,

Every grace that brings you nigh

4. Come, ye weary, heavy-laden,
Bruised and ruined by the Fall;
If you tarry till you're better,
You will never come at all:

5. View Him prostrate in the garden,
On the ground your Maker lies!
On the bloody tree behold Him,
Hear Him cry before He dies

6. Lo, the incarnate God, ascended,
Pleads the merit of His blood:
Venture on Him, venture wholly,
Let no other trust intrude

I would like to break this hymn down for you. Sometimes we just look at hymns and say 'Oh, that's nice" and don’t actually look to see the deep meaning behind them.

1st, stanza tells us that God is ready for us, He wants us now, the way we are, He wants to save us.

2nd, this is about running to God and letting him carry you through the trials and tribulations of life, and in doing so we can experience more joys than we could have imagined.

3rd, He welcomes us as we are, every kind of grace calls us to him, we must only believe and trust

4th, come as you are, if you wait until you are complete and full, you will never be able to come at all

5th, our maker suffered terribly

6th He is God, He is whole, go to Him, His blood will save you, let nothing stop you



I dearly love this hymn, and I hope this gives you a little clearer understanding of the beauties of this hymn. Hymns are look over as old fashioned and hard to understand, they may have been written at a different time, but man has always had the same struggles, just manifested in different ways! I hope this gives you a little peak into the beauty of hymns and the awesome meanings the hold.

Happy Thanksgiving

Quippy





No comments:

Post a Comment