Friday, November 25, 2011

there has been an explosion

....an explosion of Christmas!
My family doesn't heavily celebrate birthdays, mothers/fathers day, we ingnore earth day, but Christmas,  Christmas is what we live for.  As tradition, black friday is spent celebrating the fact that we are now if junk food season (I think I may need at least 2 posts on the awsomeness of my moms special chex mix) and decorating for the Christmas (it actually takes about a week to put up all our decorations but the start is always the best part.) We break out our Christmas CDs, every year we get a new one so our collection had grown rather large, this year we got Michael Buble`s  and I am really in love with it. Im not super into Christmass music, just because there are only so many songs and everyone does them and they are all the same. Not this one, its the same old songs alright, but completely new take on them with a bunch of wonderful duets. Here is a little sneak peek into what we've done so far.

this is about half of our explosion
the stairs were my job, they include four strands of lights, an old garland, and a string of fake pearls
and a bunch of stars that Im not convinced were worth putting up, it was challenging.
our lovely little snow people

a black and white view of the banister

Here is a little DIY idea for a more historically accurate nativity

place your wise-men on hills
This is accomplished with cans. Functional, cheep, and you get out of eating artichoke and tuna, that is if your mother doesn't read your blog....which I think mine does...A solution to this problem comming soon!
I have been playing with focus lately
somtimes it doesnt turn out so well
and other times it does!

This year was the first year that I can remember that we bought anything on black friday. We got an extenstion cord/power surger (so we can use more lights) and I bought myself a new ipod (mine had been broken for a while and they had free shipping on line)
Hope you guys didn't get run over this chilly morning, while I was all cozy under my electric blanket, having night mares....but that's another post.
Yours
Quippy





No comments:

Post a Comment